Tuesday, 02 October 2018
CALL FOR THE COMMUNITY TO NOMINATE LOCAL BUSINESS WOMEN FOR PRESTIGIOUS TELSTRA AWARDS
Member for Goulburn Pru Goward is encouraging those in the Goulburn electorate community to support successful women in business by nominating them in the 2019 Telstra Business Women’s Awards.
Ms Goward said nominations are now open for the Awards, which shine a light on women who have challenged the status quo, done things their own way and achieved success.
“There are many women in the Goulburn area, who by challenging traditional approaches to business, are setting examples to inspire future female leaders. These women deserve to be celebrated.
“I urge everyone in the community to stand behind the business women of the Goulburn area by nominating them for the 2019 Telstra Business Women’s Awards, as a way to show our support and encourage other women to follow in their footsteps.”
Now in its 24th year, the Telstra Business Women’s Awards continue to recognise outstanding women who are transforming the way we do business.
Anyone can nominate a business woman they admire, with nominations now open until Thursday, 8 November, across five Award categories:
• Small Business Award - For innovative women who are blazing a trail in their own business.
• Medium & Large Business Award - For high-achieving and ambitious individuals in the private and corporate sector who define the direction of their business in everything they do, no matter their job title.
• Public Sector & Academia Award - For women who've dedicated themselves to making an impact in education or the public service.
• For Purpose & Social Enterprise Award - For leaders and employees of organisations making a positive difference to the world around them, from social missions to environmental change.
• Emerging Leader Award - For the up-and-coming talent of tomorrow, under the age of 30.
Participation in the Telstra Business Women’s Awards starts with a simple nomination. Anyone can nominate – friends, family, employees, colleagues, clients, customers or yourself. To nominate, visit: telstrabusinesswomensawards.com/nominate.